Email link

carlherring62@gmail.com

Monday, April 19, 2010

Interview

For my interview I got the opportunity to interview my grandmother who has been a teacher for 15 years in the field of Special Education.

Alice Herring: Citronelle High School

1) Why did you decide to become a teacher?
I always loved working with kids. They have been my whole life. I was a stay at home wife and raised six children, and after they were grown I wanted to continue to work with children.
2)What advice would you give for a future teacher?
It is a very challenging job, but also very rewarding. I love my students, and I am very passionate about my job. My advice would be to do what you love, and if you don't love teaching or working with children you need to find a new profession.
3)Do you use technology in the classroom?
Yes, I do. Obviously I do not as much as I would like, because we only have two computers in my room. I think that it is very important for students to be able to use technology. Also they enjoy using the computer, so they end up learning a lot as well.
4)How has the use of technology changed since you first became a teacher?
Oh, it has changed a lot. The use of computer has defiantly changed education for the better. When I started teaching students rarely ever got to use computers for educational purposes, and now we are trying to find more ways for them to use them.
5)Do you think that teachers should be technology literate in today's classroom?
Ha, I don't think that I am technology literate at all. I know how to use the basics, but that's about it. I wish I knew how to do more with computers, and I think that it would be very beneficial for teachers to be technology literate in today's classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment