Email link

carlherring62@gmail.com

Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 12

Dr. Seuss - The Zax
I thought that this cartoon was a very good example of how technology is changing, and we need to change with it to not become the Zax. As humans we are creatures of habit, and are stubborn to change, but change is necessary in order to keep learning and moving on with the times. I think that it is very important especially for teachers to adapt and stay current with the way things are being done with technology. As future teachers we must provide our students with lesson plans with technology, because that is what they are going to need to be successful in the world that they are going to live in.

Another PS 22 Video
After watching this video I was impressed with that class. The all of the students were interested and sang their hearts out. The thing that impressed me the most was the exposure that this song got the students. Stevie Nicks got them to come to Madison Square garden to participate in the Fleetwood Mac show. By watching this I realized it is important to publish the work of students on the Internet, because you never know who may be watching or what door it can open.
It is also important for our EDM 310 class to publish our work, because we also do not know who will see our work and what doors it can open. Another example is the comments for students that we have been doing. By them publishing their work on the Internet those students are being motivated by future teachers and other teachers from around the world.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog! I agree with you on everything! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed reading your blog. I loved the video of the kids singing also! I agree, they were singing their hearts out!

    ReplyDelete